These are the steps for deploying a package from development to a production server.
Step 1: Create a configuration file.
These are actually created at run time and as such are optional. It’s here because Microsoft has in here.
Step 2: Create a deployment utility.
A deployment utility is a folder that contains the files that you will need to run the package.
The following steps create the utility:
- Make sure that the project has been converted to the package deployment model.
- Right-click on the package and select properties.
- Select the Deployment tab.
- Set AllowConfigurationChanges to True.
- Set CreateDeploymentUtility to True.
- Click OK to close.
- Right-click the project and select Build.
Step 3: Copy packages to the target computer.
Exactly what it sounds like.
Step 4: Run the “Package Installation Wizard” on the target computer.
Perform the following steps:
- Open the folder.
- Double-click the manifest file (.SSISDeploymentManifest) to start the process.
- Follow the steps.
Yeah, this is kind of light on detail.
The main MSDN for package deployment: