14 Aug


I haven’t written anything in a couple of months, slamming post after post after post, will do that to you.  But, since I ran into an old problem, SSRS glomming onto port 80, I figured it was time to add a post.

So, here’s the deal.  I have a small web crawler I made using the LAMP stack.  It’s simple and based on a book I bought for $0.1 + $3.99 shipping (yes, Amazon still knows how to get around paying taxes).  Anyways, I did a reinstall of SQL Server 2012 and it broke WAMP via port 80.

The standard answer if you go to the WAMP forums is to set SSRS to a manual start up, then if you need it, you just turn it on.  I don’t find this to be a good solution because by the time I start messing around with it again, I’ll forget that.  I’d rather reset the port.

The best answer I found, or rather Google found, is the following link.


It’s very clean and the only thing I added to it was a restart of SSRS.

Since the last time I did this I set SSRS to manual mode, and I wasn’t stressing on it, I give myself a 50/50 chance of having broken something that I’ll later need, but whatever, I’ll deal with that when it comes up, if it comes up.